Friday, November 25, 2005

Bad Turkey

It’s turkey weekend so I apologize for not posting the last few days. But since it is still the holiday weekend, this will be an abbreviated post so I can spend my time with those I am thankful for.

Capitals 4, Penguins 5

Caps actually played well, just not the first period. Pens Fan emailed me to laugh in my face over the first rookie face off of Sid “the Kid” Crosby and Alex Ovechkin. I let him have his laugh and responded, I will give you the first period score if you give me the last two. I will take the last two periods where the Caps out shot and out scored the Pens. Next game between the two will be much more exciting.

Overall Grade: 1st Period: F, 2nd and 3rd Period: B+

Wash Post picks up the full story.

Capitals 3, Lightning 4 FOT

Caps again come out strong, but start to let the Lightning chip their way back into the game. For the third time the two teams had to have a shoot out to settle things, unfortunately for the Capitals, third time isn’t the charm.

Overall Grade: D+

Wash Post again does a good job of getting the true story behind the game.

Caps play the red hot Rangers on Saturday night. And I will see all of you on Monday. Have a great weekend, and Happy Thanksgiving (even all you loveable French Canadians, we are thankful for you too).

No comments: