Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Soccer Nuts

I know it's been a while since my last post, but I have been a tad bit busy with work. I couldn't wait to share my story about my adventure on the Metro at about 10 pm at night last Thursday (the day of David Beckham's debut in DC).

Coming home from work and exhausted I settled into a seat on the yellow line Metro when some soccer nuts boarded the train at Gallery Place. They had just attended the spectacle that was David Beckham's Galaxy debut at RFK. They were dressed in their Umbro shorts and Adidas "soccer" shoes raving about the game.

Normally this doesn't bother me, as I often get the same kind of fans coming from the Nats games on my train ride home. These guys were in their twenties and I listened as they talked about the game. That is when one started to argue that Beckham plays for DC while the other was trying to keep his pal from sounding like an idiot (too late).

After hearing this banter go on for a few minutes and two stops later, the guy that was certain that Beckham was apart of the United, turned and yelled at his friend, "Beckham plays for DC, I have been playing football all my life, I should know who the stupid Spaniard plays for!" Those silly soccer fans.

1 comment:

DCSportsChick said...

Wow. Just wow. "The stupid Spaniard." That's awesome.