Sunday, January 06, 2013

Good Morning Hockey

Good morning DC, you are waking up to a NHL season this morning. The NHL and NHL players association has reached a tentative deal that could have the season starting in less than two weeks. One hundred thirteen days after the initial lockout by the owners of players, both sides have come to a basic agreement in a 16 hour marathon Saturday night into the early hours of Sunday morning.

Per TSN.ca...
"Don Fehr and I are here to tell you that we have reached an agreement on the framework of a new collective bargaining agreement, the details of which need to be put to paper," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman confirmed to reporters early Sunday morning. "We have to dot a lot of I's and cross a lot of T's. There is still a lot of work to be done, but the basic framework has been agreed upon."
Training camps can start as soon as Wednesday, as late as Saturday. Details of the deal are still emerging, but there was no agreement yet of NHL players participating in the winter games in Sochi 2014. But it is expected a deal to be reached by then.

As info comes in on the Capitals schedule of training camp and games, I will be sure to pass it along.

3 comments:

Lisa D. Gomez said...

I am not a fan of this shortened NHL season after the lockout, but better than a compact season than a no season. Next year should be a hundred times better than this season.

Constance McBain said...

Hockey is such a physical sport that if I have my way with it, I wouldn't allow my son to play. But it seems that it is his passion so what I can just do is always be there for him to provide him first aid treatment just in case.

Jemma Williams said...

I guess almost all sports needs physical stamina. That is why, athletes need to have their body in shape and in condition all the time. Health is the number one factor to keep up with this kind of lifestyle.