Monday, December 25, 2006

Caps Rake The Leafs

Okay, so this isn't my normal post-game... er... post. I didn't get a chance to see the game so there is little I can do to write about it. But after looking online and scaring my in-laws with a yelp, it was nice to see the Caps win in Toronto and I had to write something.

Curious to see the game on tape, which will have to wait for some time now. I want to see how Glen Hanlon crediting Donald Brashear kept the Leafs from a total come back. Also, why the Toronto media may be turning on Ovie, snubbing him the number one star and giving it to Mats Sundin (who appartently didn't play in the first two periods). The Caps defense core still seems to be beat up, and that is cause for concern if the Caps can't fill those voids.

If you are curious, I did get to open presents and I got some new Nike Bauer gloves, some new sticks, a Count Von Count coffee mug, and pajama pants with magical bunnies on them (don't ask). I also got the book Flags of Our Fathers, which I wanted to read for a long time.

As my wife and I were stuck in at Chicago O'Hare airport for 3 hours, I saw 4 of the most random people in Caps gear. The first was a guy in a leather jaket and an old school red Capitals sweater, the next was a kid with an Ovechkin shirt on, then a youger guy wearing a Hockey Night in Canada shirt and Caps hat and then a woman with a black Caps home jersey. Maybe there are more closet Caps fans now able to wear their gear in public. Who knows?

No comments: