Thursday, July 17, 2008

Why I Haven't Watched ESPN In 2 Years

Either Americans just don't get it or I guess the Canadians are taking revenge for the World Cup... no? espn's so call "award" called the Espy for best hockey player in 2008 goes to Sid "the Kid" Crosby. A player that was mostly hurt through the season.

Look, I will even concede that Evgeni Malkin deserved better after Sid was injured for FALLING DOWN ON HIS OWN. But did espn, and more importantly Barry Melrose (Tampa Bay's new head coach and resident mullet man) ever give Alex Ovechkin his props for scoring 60 goals in a season or the Caps climb from worst to first in the division? No, they just showed highlights. Am I surprised at this? Not really. I have a feeling we will be seeing more about the Lightning on their broadcasts just to rib their old colleague.

Well, you will anyway. I am sticking with my NHL Network, old games or not.

3 comments:

asnowballschance said...

the infatuation with Cindy is horrendous. this is deplorable!

on a further note, the schedule is out!! i'm working on a schedule template in word. if i send you the template, would you post on your blog?

Garrett said...

Thanks RTM, that is an awesome offer. But it's just easier to direct those to the Caps' website.

asnowballschance said...

Oh okay, i'll hold off once i get the promotion dates.