Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Busy Tuesday

Let me explain. No, too much, let me sum up.

If you watched the Capitals season opener, then you are part of an elite group of Washingtonians who did so in the area on Comcast Sportsnet. But what is so great about being apart of that group is there is twice as many of us. The Capitals pulled a 1.2 rating in the DC Metro area which is approximately 27,600 households. That's a 100% increase from a season ago. Of that total, about 75% of us have blogs. We should have just gone to Japers' house to watch the game. Peerless, I hear, can microwave a mean hot dog.

Matt Pettinger returns to the Southeast Division to rejoin former Capitals Olaf Kolzig, Jeff Halpern and Jamie Heward in Tampa Bay. Well maybe not Heward who was sent down to the minors. With the amount of ex-Penguins and ex-Capitals, I am going to start to call Tampa Washburgh South. Or Pittsington South. In all honesty, I am happy for Pettinger, he is a good guy and a good player. I knew it wouldn't take him long to return to the league.

A handful of NHL governors are pondering a second team in Toronto. What? Why? So two teams can suck there?

Sid "the Kid" Crosby was named 45th most influential man according to AskMen.com. Apparently all that whining is paying off. Also on the list Chris Angel and Ryan Seacrest. Seriously? I got as far as 43 before I got annoyed at the website. Just give me the list dammit.

I am agreeing with a lot of you about how bad the Caps game opening is. I would much rather see hockey players be hockey players. I didn't pay the for my ticket to see them pretend to be rock stars. They are already very cool guys because they play in the NHL on my favorite team. We don't have to make them look like they are anymore than what they already are. Wrap your head around that one.

Enjoy the game tonight.

No comments: