Friday, October 31, 2008

Welcome Haven To The Neighborhood

Over the next week and a half I will not be in town. In fact, I will not be near a phone or a computer or the internet. On purpose! Being married for ten years now entitles my wife and I to take a much needed second honeymoon. For the three people that do visit me in this corner of the blogosphere (hi mom!), don't fret. I have found a suitable replacement.

You may have notice that there are now two names in the right column under "About The Thinkers" (now plural). The other name joining me here is Haven. She will be filling in for me with game recaps while I am away and she might even join me for the rest of the year with a few posts of her own.

Haven may be somewhat new to the sport of hockey, but she has proven to me over the span that I have known her that she is very passionate about the sport. She even plays floor hockey in a local recreational league. She is learning more and more about the game and is quickly becoming a die hard Capitals fan.

Haven has been a competitive young gymnast that was featured in Sports Illustrated's "Faces in the Crowd" and went on to win several titles and awards (I think she was even ranked nationally). She is also a local girl from Northern Virginia and was once a Redskin's Cheerleader.

Throughout her back ground, Haven has understood team work, athleticism and the competitive spirit. The same attributes that I believe parallel what hockey is all about. She is well spoken and very professional. I think Haven will bring a unique perspective to Puckhead's, and I am thrilled to have her join me.

She, like myself, will always welcome your comments for any of our posts on Puckhead's Thoughts. This has always been an open forum for fans to discuss this great sport of hockey and the best team in the world, the Washington Capitals. Even though we may not always agree, we do value your opinions too (besides if everyone agreed with us, who would be fans of the other 29 teams).

I couldn't be happier or more excited to have her on board. Welcome Haven.

1 comment:

Haven said...

Thanks Garrett! Very much looking forward to it.