Sunday, November 09, 2008

Bizarro World

Capitals 3, Rangers 1
Scoresheet

The Rangers traveled down to play the Caps, but I left DC and went up to NYC...and tried pretty unsuccessfully to watch the game up there.

A couple comments though:

I arrived later than planned in NYC because I sat in traffic for approximately 1.5 eternities just trying to get out of DC. While still on the road, I found some opening commentary on the game on the radio around 7pm. Apparently there were NY announcers that felt as though netminding was the Achilles heel of the Caps. Really? I understand maybe making that point several games ago, but were the previous two games just figments of our imagination? Conclusion: If those announcers still feel the same way after last night, they may want to consider other career possibilities.

I didn't get to a bar until the third period (ugh). I had done a little research, and thought I'd be walking into a bar obviously owned by Rangers fans, and would see the game on lots of TVs with the sound up, with fans in Rangers gear crowded around them. Not so. It was a very nice bar, with very nice TVs, and the game was on, but it really didn't seem like the clientele in suits and metro garb cared. Conclusion(s): I picked the wrong bar, and/or we just have better fans.

What a debacle...but Caps win!

Other notes:

Official Caps booty call Tyler Sloan is back up from Hershey and started for Shaone Morrisonn in last night's game.

Tom Poti got his first goal of the season last night. The other two scorers were Brooks Laich and Alex Semin.

No comments: