Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Good To Be Back, Kinda

Good things seemed to happen while I was in the British Virgin Islands. The Caps are on a bit of a win streak, granted all three games were at the phone booth. It is good to see the team be able to put a stretch of good games together. Also Alex Ovechkin got his scoring legs back as I just got my land legs back. Very good news.

However, I am missing the beaches and the boat we were on for a week in the Virgin Islands. At one point I vowed never to come home. And the biggest disappointment of the whole trip (if you could really call it that) was missing Olie Kolzig's return to DC. Although I enjoyed the outcome.

As I am catching back up with the news and notes, I know I have missed quite a few things and it will take me a few practices and games to get back to proper form (like, Steve Eminger now a Bolt? I assume waivers?). But I think Haven did a spectacular job in my absence.

Next up, Carolina. And they will be hard up for some revenge. Both the 'Canes and Caps are tied for first in the Southeast and Tampa (a little late, but getting there) is starting to press as well. I expect that this will be a season long race, which would make the division a much tougher place to play.

After that will be a home and home with the Devils then another western swing that will have most Cap fans up past the stroke of midnight as they take on Anaheim (Brian Sutherby alert) and Los Angeles. Then off to the Bay Area to visit the shark tank in San Jose.

The next couple of weeks will be a tough one for the Capitals. It will also be a tough one for me to get back to society after being here for a week:

Little Dix Bay (yea, that is really the name of the resort... I snickered too). I am sure after some rather big loads of laundry and getting some things straight from being gone a week, I will fill you in on the whole trip. It really was quite the amazing adventure for my wife and I.

No comments: