Sunday, September 10, 2006

Potheir vs. Brashear

It took me a while to find it, but I finally did. March 5 2004, Flyers vs. Senators. Donald Brashear gets into a tussle with Rob Ray in front of the Flyers net. The fight ignited 413 penalty minutes, a single game record in the NHL.

While it really wasn't Brashear's fight I was looking for, I remembered Brian Potheir and Brashear tussled. Potheir actually jumps Brashear over the head of the linesman.



The video is the first of three. If you want to see all three rounds which leaves a total of 5 players on the benches for both teams, here is part 2 and part 3.

The Irony of all this is now both players are now on the same team. I assume they got over it, let's hope. I knew of the scrap between both players but didn't realize it was in the middle of a brawl and that Potheir nearly took the head off the referee to get at Brashear. It is nice to see Potheir show a little toughness, which his stock is starting to rise as I do more research on the new Capital.

No comments: