Sunday, November 19, 2006

Beat Up Caps Fall in OT

Capitals 2, Bruins 3 OT
ScoresheetWash PostHerald

No Chris Clark, Dainius Zubrus, Alexander Semin and Steve Eminger. The Caps should have been slaughtered. It was their second game in two nights too. But the Capitals did something that I wouldn’t have expected. They hung in there.

Truthfully when I heard of the scratches, I actually rubbed my temples and contemplated missing tonight’s game. The Caps had their moments and got some a key goal from an unexpected source. Jakub “don’t call me Yakub” Klepis scored a pretty breakaway goal on Tim Thomas, making the goaltender freeze up and slid the puck five-hole.

Alex Ovechkin also scored on the powerplay, keeping the game well with in reach and the boys walk out of TD Banknorth Garden with a point. Although I don’t want to play many more games with so many key players in the stands, the Caps exceeded my expectations.

Overall Grade: C

Brent Johnson surprises me in every game, and I don’t really know why. He is a good goaltender. He stopped 35 shots and kept the Caps in reach the whole game. Only a tripping call in OT that the Bruins able to score the game winner.

Caps play the Thrashers at home before Turkey Day (Wednesday for those of you above the border). Caps need to find ways to win within their division. At least there will be some down time before the next game. The Caps need to heal.

No comments: