Thursday, November 02, 2006

"Bring on the 'Naked Ladies!"

When the ticket sales are low, you have to draw a crowd with Barenaked Ladies. The Caps announced the Barenaked Ladies have lowered their standards to sing the National Anthem at the Verizon Center before the Capitals and Thrashers game. I am kidding, of course.

One of my favorite bands is going to be there in the flesh singing the Star Spangled Banner (does anyone see the irony in this considering they are Canadian). I think it would be better just to see them sing between periods much like they did at the NHL All Star game a few years ago. But that is just me.

As far as the title of this post, my wife actually said it while waiting for them in concert in Phoenix. As we were waiting for what seemed an eternity, my wife blurted at the top of her lungs, “Bring on the 'Naked Ladies.” It was precious.

No comments: